Last updated: March 25, 2019
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. Wholesome and our online partner WorldPantry.com® will only use the information you
share with us to process your orders and to enhance your shopping experience. We do not rent, trade, or sell your personal information to others.
And, we respect your preferences in how we use it.
This Wholesome shopping site, powered by WorldPantry.com® (the "Site"), only sells to and ships to United States addresses and will not collect
when they access and use this Site, and may not be applicable to transactions performed and information collected in other channels.
What types of information does this Site collect and how do we use it?
When you place an order, we ask for your name, e-mail and mailing addresses, credit card number and expiration date and the phone number of your shipping address. We need this information to process and fulfill your orders, and to notify you of your order status. We do not store your credit card information. It is passed through to our secure, third-party card processor and not retained by the Site.
When you create an account, our online partner WorldPantry.com® provides a convenient single sign on feature across a portfolio of WorldPantry.com® partner shopping sites, similar to other e-commerce platforms, which allows for faster checkout across the WorldPantry.com® network. Your order history and personally identifiable information associated with Wholesome is exclusive to Wholesome and never shared with other World Pantry partners.
- When you request newsletters or reminder services, we ask for your e-mail address. Then we forward any information you request to your e-mail account. You may unsubscribe at any time by either using the link that will be on everything we send to you, or by contacting us.
- When you post a customer review, we ask for your initials and e-mail address. However, you may choose whether to have your e-mail address displayed with your review. Just let us know.
- When you enter one of our contests or promotions, we may ask for your name, phone number, e-mail, social media account information, and mailing addresses. We use this information to administer the contest and notify you if you win and to administer the promotion. Again, contests or promotions are only open to persons who reside in the United States.
- If you have provided us with an e-mail address or social media account information, we may use it occasionally to notify you about important changes to our web sites, new services, or special offers. If you prefer not to receive these updates, we respect your wishes. Simply contact us with your request. Make sure to let us know if you have given us more than one e-mail account.
- We contract with other companies to provide certain services for us including: shipping, e-mail distribution, market research, name and address verification, promotions management and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services for us and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than us.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to validly issued requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To provide you with improved services, we may use aggregated pools of data (without personal identifiers) for research and commercial purposes.
- We may also provide aggregate statistics about our sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics are fully and permanently anonymized and do not include any personally identifiable information.
- The "help" function on most browsers contains information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you do not accept cookies, you will not be able to use any feature that requires registration. Also see "How do I manage cookies?" below.
- Our uses of cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting-Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Site [or on third party sites]. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
How do I manage cookies?
You may refuse or accept cookies from the Site at any time by activating settings on your browser. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. You may wish to refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/ for information on commonly used browsers. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the Site may operate as intended.
How will we share your information?
WorldPantry.com shares the information provided on this Site with Wholesome as part of our agreement with Wholesome to provide this shopping experience to you.
Wholesome is responsible for the management of your information and pursuant to our agreement, is the owner of the information collected on this Site.
Third-Party Business Partners
We contract with other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and share your information with some of them to help maintain this Site or provide other services, such as processing credit card payments, engaging technical support for our Site, or performing analysis related to our Site. When we share information in this way, we require the agent or service provider to use the information solely for providing us with services and to maintain the privacy, confidentiality and security of your information.
Third Party Sites
We may disclose your information to third parties a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to validly issued requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How do we protect your information?
- In order to place your orders and access your account information, you will need to sign in to our secure server. The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software encrypts all the information you provide before it is sent to us.
- All customer information within our systems is protected against unauthorized access.
- We do not sell or trade your personal information to advertisers, marketers, or anyone else without your consent.
- We provide a high level of security for our computer systems, databases, and networks to protect all customer information in our systems.
- While we take reasonable steps to secure your information from loss, misuse, interference and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100% secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is therefore always some risk assumed by sharing information online. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
- You can modify, add or delete credit card payment information associated with your account by signing in and going to the "My Account" link in the top navigation menu.
While we take reasonable steps to secure your information from loss, misuse, interference and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100% secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is therefore always some risk assumed by sharing information online. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are California resident and want a copy of this notice, please submit an e-mail request. In your request, please specify that you want a "Your Wholesome/WorldPantry.com California Privacy Rights Notice." Please allow 30 days for a response.
The Site does not currently recognize and process "do not track" signals from different web browsers. For more information on "do not track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org.
We Welcome Your Feedback
We value your business and any concerns you have are important to us. If you have further questions about your privacy, or would like to delete your account, please contact us.
790 Tennessee Street
San Francisco, CA 94107